Register Now! 2024 Desmond P. Kelly, MD Nurturing Developing Minds (NDM) Conference
Cultivating Lifelong Family Well-being
The Desmond P. Kelly, MD Nurturing Developing Minds Conference & Research and Implementation Symposium will be hosted by ICS and SC LEND on March 8, 2024 at Furman University’s Younts Conference Center in Greenville, SC.
This will be part of a broader, two-day event, “Cultivating Lifelong Family Well-being,” in partnership with the Institute for the Advancement of Community Health (IACH) at Furman University.
“NDM” is a professional development conference that attracts a wide array of participants and provides an interactive learning opportunity for a broad, interconnected workforce. Our sessions center around young children (generally, prenatal to age 8), their families, and the systems that serve them.
Registration for both days is now available on Eventbrite at this link. We encourage you to view the agenda for both days of programming at that link – the NDM (Friday) agenda is also available to download here.
Keynote Speaker: David Willis, MD
David Willis, MD, is a Senior Fellow at the Center for the Study of Social Policy, where his focus is on the intersection of child health and broader community-based early childhood systems.
A developmental-behavioral pediatrician, Dr. Willis is regarded as one of the nation’s foremost voices on the developing field of early relational health.
Friday’s agenda will feature one keynote session, four breakout session time-slots, and one “add-on” workshop during lunch (pre-registration required). You can view Friday’s agenda here.
The full agenda for both days is available on the registration page. All attendees are invited to join for a Thursday evening Reception & Poster Session – you will have an opportunity to RSVP during the registration process.
We anticipate being able to offer Continuing Medical Education credits for both Thursday and Friday, as well as Continuing Education Units for early educators in South Carolina for Friday. More information will be available soon.
For those joining from out of town, the Hampton Inn-Travelers Rest is our conference hotel – it is a less than 10 minute drive to the venue. Rooms are available at a discounted rate of $119/night- you must book via this link by Feb. 6. After that, rooms will return to their regular rate ($149). We encourage you to book as soon as possible – rooms are selling quickly in Greenville that week.
The Younts Conference Center is about a 30 minute drive from the Greenville-Spartanburg airport.
Free parking is available at both the Hampton Inn and the Younts Conference Center.
Registration & Discounts
Registration for both days of the event is available online. There is a discount for two-day registrations
- All Furman-affiliated personnel are eligible for a discounted rate.
- All students from any other higher education institutions may attend with a 50 percent discount for either or both days. Select the “Student” rate under “Reserve a Spot” and register using your .edu email address.
- We are pleased to provide a small set of scholarships for Early Intervention providers with support from the South Carolina Developmental Disabilities Council. Complete this form by January 29 to be entered into a random drawing for a scholarship; you will be contacted the following week.
- Group rates are available for organizations sending 5 or more attendees. Please reach out to Jayme Lee Brewer to inquire.
- Invoices are available within the registration form for those whose finance offices require them. We prefer credit card payments where possible.