Desmond P. Kelly, MD, 2024 Nurturing Developing Minds Conference & Research Symposium Call for Proposals
Cultivating Lifelong Family Well-being
The Desmond P. Kelly, MD Nurturing Developing Minds Conference & Research and Implementation Symposium will be March 8, 2024 at Furman University’s Younts Conference Center in Greenville, SC. This will be part of a broader, two-day event in partnership with the Institute for the Advancement of Community Health (IACH) at Furman University.
“NDM” is a professional development conference that attracts a wide array of participants and provides an interactive learning opportunity for a broad, interconnected workforce. Our sessions center around young children (generally, prenatal to age 8), their families, and the systems that serve them.
We are soliciting proposals for sessions and/or posters around the following themes:
- Early childhood programs
- Promoting healthy child development
- Autism and developmental disabilities
- Special healthcare needs/chronic illness management
The themes above should only be used for guidance in developing your submission. We encourage broad consideration of our theme, “Cultivating Lifelong Family Well-being.”
- This conference is strongly focused on interdisciplinary collaboration. We invite participation from the fields of child health, education, development, policy, and more. Please see the 2023 agenda for context.
- Sessions will be 60 minutes long; please plan for at least 10 minutes of audience engagement.
- All sessions should explicitly address equity and inclusion for all children.
- We are particularly interested in research with immediate real-world implications in the worlds of pediatric health care, early care and education settings, and other fields working with children. Policy-focused research is also welcome.
- If applying for poster sessions, posters should be sized 36” x 48”. You may indicate interest in your session proposal being considered for a poster session
- We strongly encourage submissions from early career professionals.
- Registration is complimentary for first and second presenters; subsequent presenters in a session will receive discounted registration. Poster session presenters will receive discounted registration.
- Hotel rooms nearby will be made available at a discounted room. We cannot provide other travel support.
Proposals must be received no later than 8 pm ET/5 pm PT on Friday, September 29, 2023 via our online portal. You will receive a response in early October.
Please direct inquiries to Megan Carolan.