Restoration, Resilience & Rebuilding – Call for Proposals
The Desmond P. Kelly MD Nurturing Developing Minds Conference & Research and Implementation Symposium will be held February 23-24, 2023 in Greenville, South Carolina at the Greenville ONE Center.
This continuing professional development conference attracts a wide array of participants and provides an interactive learning and networking opportunity for a broad, interconnected workforce. We intend to provide both in-person and hybrid virtual learning opportunities.
We are soliciting proposals for sessions and/or posters around the following themes:
- Early childhood programs
- Promoting healthy child development
- Autism and developmental disabilities
- Special healthcare needs/chronic illness management
The themes above should only be used for guidance in developing your submission. We encourage broad consideration of our theme, Restoration, Resilience & Rebuilding.
- This conference is strongly focused on inter-disciplinary collaboration. We invite participation from the field of child health, education, development, policy, and more. Please see agendas from 2022, 2021, & 2020 for context.
- Most sessions will be 60 minutes long; the final timeline slot on Friday afternoon will be 45 minutes only.
- Plan for at least 10 minutes of Q&A or other audience engagement.
- All sessions should explicitly address equity and inclusion for all children.
- We are particularly interested in research with immediate real-world implications in the worlds of pediatric health care, early care and education settings, and other fields working with children. Policy-focused research is also welcome.
- If applying for poster sessions, posters should be sized 36” x 48.” You may indicate interest in your session proposal being considered for a poster session.
- We strongly encourage submissions from early career professionals.
- Registration is complimentary for first and second presenters; subsequent presenters in a session will receive discounted registration. Poster session presenters will receive discounted registration.
- Hotel rooms will be made available at a discounted room. We cannot provide other travel support.
- Note that Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP) airport is an accessible airport to this conference and has many direct flights.
- At this time, we anticipate all speakers being in person at the event, with streaming options for virtual attendees.
Please direct 2023 NDM inquiries to Amber Posey.